A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Thursday, August 23, 2012

Looking for the one that stands out in the crowd!

I joined Plenty Of Fish….and created the PERFECT online dating profile.
I’ve been on there for 4 whole days and I’ve learned a lot so far.  Tagged was getting me no where, as it seems that it is a place for internet/phone Romeo’s only.  No live takers….got bored and the truth is, I am single now and want to date real live men.  So I joined POF as it is affectionately called.  I uploaded some cute pics of me and wrote what I thought was a genuine, witty and eloquent profile.  WRONG.  Despite the fact that I ‘really’ am not like most other women, or humans to be exact…turns out…when it comes to online profiles I am about as average and boring as the next gal.  Not only did I not get any takers, I was bold and messaged men and got NO responses either.  Say WHAT?  Being that I don’t look at other women’s profiles, how the hell would I know that every other woman wrote the same thing I wrote.  Not very original, and so unlike me.  Can’t have that.  So I did a little google research and viola…loads of tips….hoards of inspiration and I came up with what I think is the perfect profile for ME. And it sure as shit is original.  I have gotten two replies already today. And even though I come off as a sarcastic man hater….The two responses are treating me with more respect and less…let me show you my penis.
First let me say that there is a lot of ‘advice’ for creating a good profile, however, in the end….aren’t we all using that advice….thus….once again getting an un-original representation of ourselves out there.  And truth be told, you only get one shot from each man at a profile view. Likely if he saw the first one, he will not remember what you wrote, but he will remember that you didn’t catch his eye and likely…will never return to see your new and improved sales ad of yourself.
If you live in a small metro area, or worse the freakin hick sticks like me….you can’t afford to make that mistake.  So I’m relieved to know I caught and repaired my damage before I burned down the entire available dating pool in my age range.  Which by the way, is full of a bunch of dirty pervs lying about their age.  IF that is an accurate representation of men in their 40’s….Just fucking shoot me now. But since I am an intelligent and visually non impaired woman, I know that is not true.  Further more, I have noticed, unlike tagged.  There are actually men here in their 40’s that I am finding attractive. Maybe I won’t have to date in the wading pool anymore with the babies.  Though I do love their youthful spririt.
Anyways, I will try out this new profile for a few days and see how it does.  I have to say, on one hand it is nice to read what men have to say…or not say…about them selves.  Though for a good deal of them it is still just a load of crap…they can talk themselves up all they want, but in the end they are still just the guy who whips his penis out on the fourth message, so I am not taking too much stock in the profile reads….unless they are funny….you can’t walk away from a funny profile, nor can someone fake being funny!
~S~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.