A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Friday, September 14, 2012

Am I expecting too much?

Another weekend is upon me and I have one date lined up for Saturday night, man #7.  He seems to be very sweet, smart and quick on his feet. However, I’m not that physically attracted to him.  I really am trying to be open minded with the fact that pictures don’t always tell the whole story and personality can make a person far more attractive.  Problem is, this guy really likes me and has expressed far more “promise for the future” than I am feeling at the moment.  I am gun shy at best after myself really liking guy #3 and having him cancel and disappear.  I can say I am enjoying chatting with man #7 and I am sure we will at the very least be “friends”.  But neither of us is looking for friends and ‘toying’ with a man’s feelings, is not my idea of a fun sport.  So I am glad we have this date tomorrow and we can get the ‘chemistry’ thing out of the way.  Either we will have it or we won’t and then the future will take care of itself.  He is taking me out to a nice dinner for my birthday, which is in two weeks.  By the way, this will be my first official “date” since leaving my husband.
I updated my profile again.  I’m trying out a sensual description of an evening with me.  No “ha ha funny” stuff.  I'm such a complex personality with so many sides to me, in order to express all of this in one profile would be a bit long if I just sit and try to write something.  But it is one of my goals to write just such a profile, though it will take some time to do so.  In the mean time, I am going to give this new profile a couple weeks to see what kind of results I get.  I’ve already had few responses, though I’m not sure it’s exactly the kind of response I’m looking for.  I have to say this, either I am just not as attractive as I think I am, or you men out there, sure the hell are being difficult.  I know I’m no raving beauty queen, but I wouldn’t win the ugliest dog contest either.  I don’t think my standards, expectations and desires are that high. I just would like to find a man that is attractive, that I enjoy spending time with, that gives me that spark inside where I just want to rip his damn clothes off.  Is that really too much to ask?
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.