A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Friday, September 14, 2012

Is it false advertising to wear spanx?

Just curious.  I have thought about starting to wear dresses.  The last one I wore was my wedding dress 20ys ago.  While primarily comfort is my driving force when I shop for clothes, I’d like to dress a bit nicer for dates than my usual casual attire.  I’m a country farm girl and practicality and thriftiness are important to survival.  But it doesn’t mean this farm girl can’t look fabulous on a date right?  But then I got to the dressing room and was horrified at what starred back at me in the mirror.  It was not good, not good at all.  Of course I left the store with one little tank top, a cute shirt, and a nice little cotton jacket…but no dress.  I’d love to wear a tropical print maxi dress, but I would like my gut to not be the first thing myself or anyone else see’s.  I'm very self conscious of what carrying a child did to my stomach and would honestly love to get a tummy tuck.  I have a secret piggy bank for this and one day I hope to be able to get rid of it.  But until then.....
I heard of these great things called spanx on a Tori Spelling episode.  She was still trying to hide her pregnancy from the press and she had a red carpet event to go to.  Pregnant or not, she is still like a size 3 or something, so a little smoothing is just a teeny white lie.  I however am a size 16, a far cry away from super model actress for sure.  So then I got to wondering, ….if I wear these things under a dress on a date….is that false advertising?  At some point I don’t want to have to be peeled out of it like a banana, and have a cartoon “boing” sound in the background as my gut springs out from behind this thing….hardly a night of passion in my book. 

I found this picture of a man version of spanx, and I have to say that if I was presented with this I just might be horrified, if for some reason I was on a great date, things got hot and heavy, I rip off the guys shirt and find this little suprise waiting for me.  I hardly have this much to hide, but still would not want a man to react to me wearing one of these, as I might react if he were "spanking".
Ebay has some great deals, I think I am going to get one and see if even does hide anything and go from there.  Until then, I will have to keep comfortable in my cargo capri’s and cleavage bearing tanks. 
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.