A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The cup runneth over.... with FLAKES!

Luckily I have been listening to Christian Carters dating programs...otherwise after this weekend I would be devestated and thinking quite ill of myself.  These two 'great' guys were nothing more than flakes. Fridays date cancelled in the morning and I haven't heard back from him since, and saturdays date thought it was for monday (ya right) and stood me up.  That was a first for me and it was such a lovely feeling...NOT!!  Oh well, thier loss as I was otherwise snatched up in a few minutes by another potential within just a few minutes.  Friday, I got to play cougar with a 25yo enlisted man.  We played pool and chatted and had a nice time.  Kissed a couple times...no sparks.  Saturday I met up with a man I have been trying to meet for months now....again...no sparks.  So I have decided on a new rule...when asked out on a date, I will tell them up front, that I will not show up, unless I get a confirmation call the day of.  Number 2....move from email to texting to phone call to first date as quickly as possible...no reason to invest all this energy for long periods of time for NOTHING....ya know?

Saturday morning however, I had a social function I attended doing a hobby of mine and low and behold a very elig bachelor was there, and everyone is now trying to set us up.  I'm totally on board with it.  It would be VERY nice to spend time with someone that has the same MAJOR hobby as I do.  Also turns out, I dated him a couple times 20 or so years ago, though I have no recolection what so ever of the dates, he does, and I do remember him as we used to work together back then.  Hmmm, how interesting.  I'm beginning to wonder if I infact will ever get laid again.  I just may have to stop turning down all these hot young men and just go for it!  The ex is finally chilling out and...for now anyways....stopped hounding me to take him back.  Met a few more potentials online, though I can tell right now that I will not be sexually attracted to them, despite how utterly sweet and romantic they are.  But I promised myself that I would explore all options, as maybe my screening process has filtered out some really great men that, once I get to know them, I might become more attracted to them.  Somehow I doubt it, but I am going along with it for now.  Cuz....ya just never know!
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.