A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Monday, October 1, 2012

~Love Pirate~

A ship may be safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships were built for.  Ships were not built to sit in a harbor, they were built to sail the mighty seas.  My love, she too is a mighty ship, strong and resilient.  Never to have sprung a leak, despite being run aground many times by her foolish captain. On a lifelong voyage, my soul is the captain, my heart a mere passenger, braving the pirate seas together.  Battling each other, should they fight the thieves, or surrender and risk the sting of the salt air on open wounds, having my heart smeared along the hull, to be washed away by the waves.  Risking all, to feel the freedom of the wind in my face, the embrace of the water along my weathered wooden planks.  Sails tattered but pure, they weather the storms, with the mercy of an angel.  Port to port, unfurled, three sheets into the wind.  Searching for sunken treasure, guided only by the night stars and intuition, no map to lead the way.  May she not sink through the mutiny of those on board, and sail an endless sea.
~S~

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful writing - my heart just skipped a few beats while reading it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank YOU Rolf. I'm flattered. A writer can ask no more of a reader than for them to be moved by what we wrote. I'm very touched and my haert is singing. All of my poetry has little ~poetry~ squigly lines in the headers. There's more you may like as well. Don't be a stranger here. I love your comments on Davids Blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.