A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Last Online Date: Man #26....UGH X 10

After last weekends date, I have come to the conclusion that online dating is not for me.  However, I have this one last guy to meet with and what ever happens....happens.  I have disabled my POF and OKC accounts and am heading into the "real" world to meet men..........I typed that on my way out the door for my last online date.  We had been texting all week and by his own admission he was a VERY out going person and after last weekends boring date....who couldn't use some time with a fellow extrovert?  I did tell  him that we would be meeting just as "friends", as I had a feeling after all the other men I was NOT attracted to, that there was a high likelyhood that I would not be attracted to him and I didn't want to set any sort of expectation.  He said he completely understood.  Great.  So I drove to Sacramento to meet him as there are so many things to do there that two extroverts could really set the town on fire.  I met him at his house and we drove in his car.  Right off the bat I could smell a boring date on the horizon, but decided not to jump to any conclusions just yet.  Well we got to the sushi place and from that moment on it was like pulling teeth to get him to say anything.  His sengtences were about 4-8 words long and that's it.  We had some great food and the saki was a neccesity for me to survive. 

We left there for another bar and it did not get better.  He did finally start talking a little, but he still made last weeks date look like a talk-a-thon.  I asked him if he was nervous and he admitted he was not a big talker.  WTF....kinda pisses me off then that he flat out said he was prior to meeting me.  We stood outside and had a cigarette before we left at which time he put his arm around me.  I made no such reciprocal advances toward him and I thought he got the hint that I wasn't interested 'that' way.  He tried to talk me into staying the night at his house.  I politely said I couldn't.  So when we got to his house I was quite surprised, despite my desperate prayers, that he tried to kiss me.  I off course made othe offensive head turn and he got nothing but cheek.  So I was even more surprised that he went in for a second attempt after I got in my car before I got a chance to shut the door.  Where on earth does a guy who is not confident enough to TALK to a woman find the courage to try to kiss her?  Where!?!  So here's a tip for all you "nice guys" out there......When you go in for a kiss and get a cheek....trust me...it is no accident.  Pay closer attention to other clues.  Ask her out again.  If she says yes....then try for attempt #2....on date #2....but most likely she is going to say no, or tell you it will be only as friends.  If you get the cheek.....ask for the check.....it's over.    Anyways, I drove away as fast as I could.  texted him the obligitory "thanks for a great time" and never heard from him again.  Had a been a girl that just was not 'that kind of girl' but still liked him...I would have been bummed that he didn't call again.  Just goes to show that he either ONLY was looking for sex, OR, he knew I wasn't interested.  Either way.....no further contact from him says alot, because if he really was OK with meeting as and making friends....he would have contacted me as a friend.

I stopped at my local bar on my way home to check on my friend Joe, who wasn't there.  But Wayne (a guy that I tried to have an affair with a few years ago but I couldn't do it) was there DJ'ing.  I have been getting the feeling that he is planning to make a move on me when the time is right....along with another bar fly Travis that has the hots for me.  So I chatted for a few minutes and went home to sleep my boredom away.

That was my last and final date from an online dating site.  PERIOD
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.