A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Online Date Man #25....UGH

So I finally thought I might have met someone that would be NORMAL....not a perv.....we texted for over a week. Not once did he refer to sex or my body.  Very nice and respectful, despite flirting on the edge of the sexual zone.  He asked me out....we decided to meet for lunch.  I have to say that I was physically attracted to his pictures and he seemed like he would be fun to hang out with......well....not so much.

It was a sunday, lunch time and we had to wait for a table with one of those buzzer things.  I figured he might be nervous or something and he quite possibly was.  Even though we managed to talk for nearly 3hrs straight....it was sooooo boring.  He only smiled a few times and I felt like I was constantly trying to engage him with him never really trying to engage me.  He reminded me of one of my uncles with a real dry sense of humor.  He mentioned that he used to be really introverted, but that he is much more outgoing now.  I am the proverbial social butterfly and the quiet ones do nothing for me.  He did little if anything to "end" the date, even though I kind of kept hinting to the fact that it was OVER.  Finally we got up from our table and walked out to the cars.  A quick thank you, nice to meet you, hug and away I drove.

At this point I figured he was just as bored as me and I would not hear from him again.  I sent him a thank you text and thought that was the end of it.  But no, he texted me for a week and a half now and no word or mention of a second date.  Now I will say that because he may have been nervous, I would be willing to entertain him on a second date.  So my best friend made me ask him how HE thought the date went.  He said he thought it went good.....But, he has not asked me out again.  Nor do we talk on the phone.  I am a little confused, but I am not worrying at all because I am pretty sure he is not "the one"

~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.