A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bar Hopping

What a blast I had last night.  Granted I woke up with a massive hangover, but I enjoyed every minute of it.  It's been a long time since I went to a bar in the big city, and I really liked the feel of it as opposed to small town life. I met my friends at one bar and we talked for a good while.  Needing to meet some other friends at home, they left, I went to grab a bite to eat, and was to meet back up with them at the next bar.  But I got a little lost, and by the time I got to where they were.....they had already hopped to another one.  I got a very generic text as to the next location, found it, but again no friends.  The bouncer of the one bar I found at that"generic" intersection directed me to another bar a block away around the corner.  I walked over there, which was a really cool feeling.  We don't walk anywhere where I live....every thing is so far away....it's counted in miles and hills...not blocks.  So I checked out the other bar...no friends and walked back.  The bouncer then directed me to yet another bar around the other corner and a block away.  Off I walked to that one.  No friends, and no drunken replies to my texts.  No worries, I saddled up to the bar, asked the bartender to pour me a drink and texted them as to my location....And then proceeded to have a blast making new friends, as I always do.  I really liked the feel of the crowd at this location.  Not wild and crazy like the gunge crowd at the first bar, and  not pretentious or "hip" like the second bar.  It was perfect....Not too many 'pretty' people, not too many 'ugly' people.  A good mix of age groups from the newly legal (potential fake id) to a couple in their 60's.  With the majority of the crowd being right around 30-35.  I really liked the feel of mid-town as they call it.  Lots of people riding bicycles and walking, and even though it was the city, it felt safe.  My friends finally found me shortly before the night was over.  The street was buzzing with life even when the bar closed, and a nice young man walked me back to my car.  It was like being at a party with a bunch of friends I already knew.  Long drive home.  Got to bed around 3am, and back up at 8a to meet my friend back in the city for a day of hobbies, sun and fun.  I think I will definitely hit up that part of town again.
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.