A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Friday, June 1, 2012

Escaping the Gyre

"During a storm on January 10, 1992, three 40-foot containers  washed off a ship on its way from China to the United States, releasing 29,000 rubber ducks into the pacific ocean.  10 months later, the first of these rubber ducks washed ashore on the Alaskan coast.  Since then these ducks have been found in Hawaii, South America, Australia, and traveling slowly inside the arctic ice.  But 2000 of the ducks were caught up in the north pacific gyre , known as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. A vortex of currents, moving between Japan, Alaska, the pacific north west, and the Aleutian Islands.  Items that get caught in the gyre, usually stay in the gyre, doomed to travel the same path, forever circling in the same waters. But not always. Their paths can be altered by a change in the weather, a storm at see, or a chance encounter with a pod of whales.  20 years after the rubber ducks were lost at sea, they're still arriving on beaches around the world.  The number of ducks in the gyre has decreased.  Which means.... it's possible to break free.  Even after years of circling the same waters, it is possible to find a way to shore." Touched 


That's me.....a 'lil rubber duckie, that has been caught in a vortex of crap, repeating the same patterns for 20ys.  Will I make it out of the gyre?  If so, will I make it safely to shore? 
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.