A blog about Online Dating and my blunders along the way. My Journey from married to single to dating to sex. I have no idea where I am going, I just know I am not lost.


Friday, June 15, 2012

~Set me Free~


How does one learn to set themselves free?
And say to yourself, it’s ok to be me?
To unlock the shackles and untie the rope?
Somehow turn misery back into hope?
No longer invisible to someone else’s eye
To be seen by them all like the sun in the sky.
Free to burn bright, burn hot and burn long,
To sing off key & out loud to my very own song.
I’ll dance and strut and shake it all out,
Be a soft place to fall and an ear for a shout.
And when someone, anyone, catches my eye,
I won’t look away, and I will not deny
That every being has a soul to hi-jack
So I’ll steal it, caress it, and then give it back
I’ll taste it and live it and love it out loud
At the end of the day my heart will be proud
I have loved all that I can, and given my best
And when I’m weary and tired I won’t let it rest
Try everything once, with a friend if I can
And no longer hate any fellow man
Once in a while be vulnerable and try not to hide
Behind my strong, brave and resilient side
Hand someone my heart and trust I’ll be ok
Especially if things do not go my way.
I’ll laugh really loud and wrinkle my nose
And tell them it’s Lilies I love, not the Rose
Nothing wrong with saying what I want,
And nothing wrong with knowing what to flaunt.
Talk with my eyes, and for once have nothing to say
Just long slow kisses, that take someone’s breath away
So how did I manage to set my self free?
I looked in the mirror and said “It’s ok to be me!”
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say...I'd love to hear it.